The Book Industry Guild of New York invites you to enter your publication for the 32nd Annual New York Book Show. This event encourages, recognizes, and celebrates excellence in book production and design.
How To Enter
Entries must have been published between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017. Titles entered in previous years may not be entered again. Submissions will be accepted via the online submission form March 5 through April 11, 2018.
The following three steps must be completed for a book or cover to be considered for the competition:
1. Submission of Specification
Choose the type of entry that you would like to submit (book, cover/jacket, series, magazine/journal, or self-published cover) and complete the corresponding form. You may enter as many pieces as you want.
2. Submission of Payment
Please submit all credit card payments via PayPal through the website and forward a copy of your payment confirmation along with the physical component of your entry or entries (see below). If paying by check, submit your check (made out to Book Industry Guild of New York) with a complete list of all titles you are entering at the time you submit the physical component. Entry fees are as follows:
- $45 for a Book
- $55 for a Book Series
- $35 for a Cover or Jacket
- $45 for a Cover or Jacket Series
- $35 for Self-Published Book
- $25 for Self-Published Cover/Jacket
3. Submission of Book and Covers
Traditionally-published entries (books and covers) and self-published books should be mailed to the address below and include the following:
- A printout of your PayPal confirmation email OR payment check and list of all entries
- ONE copy of each book entry and/or TWO copies of each cover/jacket entry
- Checks should be made out to: BOOK INDUSTRY GUILD OF NEW YORK
Self-published covers should be submitted as a PDF file and can be uploaded to our FTP site via the submission form at time of entry.
All books must be available in a print edition; no ebook-only submissions.
Penguin Random House
Attn: Marybel Angulo
345 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10014
4th Floor – Room: 450A
• Books will not be returned.
• Winners in each category will be notified the week after judging and asked to submit electronic files of the winning covers/jackets and/or book interiors. The image you submit will appear in the show catalog, so please be sure it is a good representation of your work and of sufficient resolution. Only winners will be asked to submit artwork. Detailed book specifications will also be requested at that time, which will also appear in the book show catalog.
Judging will take place April 13th at
Penguin Random House
345 Hudson Street, 4th floor Conference Rm
New York, New York 10014
Judging Applications will close on March 23rd.