How To Enter
Books must have been published between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019. Titles entered in previous years may not be entered again. Submissions will be accepted via the online submission form beginning March 2, 2020 .
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, physical submissions and judging will be postponed. Online submissions will remain open indefinitely pending an announcement of rescheduled physical submissions period and judging. At this time, we plan to move ahead with our 34th Annual showcase on October 8, 2020.
The following steps must be completed for a book or cover/jacket to be considered:
1. Complete our online form (one for each submission)
Begin by selecting the type of submission: book, cover/jacket, or series. Then, complete the corresponding online form. We won’t ask you for all the details about the book specs just yet, but enough for us to keep track of your book through the judging process.
2. Submit your payment
Please submit all credit card payments via PayPal through the website. If paying by check, submit your check (made out to Book Industry Guild of New York) with a complete list of all titles you are entering at the time you submit the physical component. Entry fees are as follows:
3. Send us a physical copy
In addition to the online form, and so that we may present your submission to our judging panel, we will ask for a physical copy of your book or cover/jacket submission. We continue to monitor the impact of COVID-19 and will announce a rescheduled physical submissions period when possible.
- Please send us one (1) copy of each book. If you submit a cover/jacket, please send either one (1) copy of the finished book or (2) copies of solely the cover/jacket.
- Please include a copy of your payment confirmation.
- If paying by check, please be sure to enclose with submission of physical entries.
All books must be available in a print edition; no ebook-only submissions.
- Books will not be returned—nor cover/jackets—but instead will be donated upon completion of judging.
- Winners are notified in an email.
- The New York Book Show reserves the right to combine categories depending on the number of submissions.